In this section
We'd love to hear your thoughts on our website. This will help us continue to improve the experience you have while visiting our website and the content we have.
This accessibility statement applies to yorkshirefertility.co.uk only.
This website is run by Calderdale and Huddersfied Foundation Trust. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
The website is designed to be compatible with assistive technologies and the last two versions of the browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari. In older browsers, some aspects of the website may not display optimally. The website is not designed for Internet Explorer.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Alternative text is missing from some images
- Linked image missing alternative text
- A nearby image has the same alternative text
- Alternative text is likely insufficient or contains extraneous information
- The link text contains extraneous text or may not make sense out of context
- A table is present where there may be empty table headers
- Some of our videos do not have captions or audio descriptions. We also link to videos that we do not own that may not have captions and full accessibility in place
- Headings are present on the site that have no content
- Links must be distinguishable without relying on colour
- Redundant links are present on the site
- Most older PDF, PowerPoints and Word documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 01484 355420
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
Phone number: 01484 355420
Ainley Industrial Estate
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
If you contact us before your visit we can arrange Interpreting provision, which is provided by:
- The Big Word - for users whose first language is not English
- Topps Language Solution - for users requiring Deaf Support Services (British sign language)
Calderdale and Huddersfield Foundation Trust is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- 1.1.1 Non-text Content (Level A) - Missing alternative text
- 1.1.1 Non-text Content (Level A) and 2.4.4 Link Purpose (In Context) (Level A) - Linked image missing alternative text
- 1.1.1 Non-text Content (Level A) - A nearby image has the same alternative text
- 1.1.1 Non-text Content (Level A) - Alternative text is likely insufficient or contains extraneous information
- 2.4.4 Link Purpose (In Context) (Level A) - The link text contains extraneous text or may not make sense out of context
- 1.3.1 Info and Relationships (Level A) - A table is present where there may be empty table headers
- 1.2.1 Prerecorded Audio-only and Video-only (Level A), 1.2.2 Captions (Prerecorded) (Level A) and 1.2.3 Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded) (Level A), 1.2.5 Audio Description (Prerecorded) (Level AA), 1.4.2 Audio Control (Level A) - Embedded or linked YouTube videos are present and may not be fully accessible
- 1.3.1 Info and Relationships (Level A), 2.4.1 Bypass Blocks (Level A) and 2.4.6 Headings and Labels (Level AA) - Headings are present on the site that have no content
- 2.4.4 Link Purpose (In Context) (Level A) - Redundant links are present on the site
- The site makes use of multiple PDFs, Word documents and PowerPoints. Some are a legal requirement. These are not accessible to some screen reader software.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are fixing content which fails to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. We will update this page when issues are fixed.
This statement was prepared on 26th January 2022. It was last reviewed on 23rd November 2023.
This website was last tested on 23rd November 2023. The test was carried out by The Health Informatics Service Web Department. We use the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA to test how accessible yorkshirefertility.co.uk is.
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test:
- Looked at all mediums used on the site for example text, images, maps, videos, forms etc
- Added at least one page per item to our sample list
- Always include the homepage
- We used Lighthouse to audit each page in the sample for accessibility issues.
- We used Wave to automatically test for accessibility issues on pages that do not need users to sign in.
- We used Axe DevTools (links to an external site) to test for accessibility issues on pages that do not need users to sign in.
You can read the full accessibility test report here: Full Accessibility Report